Sunday, September 2, 2012

Sourdough Bread

With all of the fermenting I've been doing, kombucha, kefir, water kefir, I decided to try sourdough. This one is really fun. It's always funny to tell people that I have to feed my sourdough. Gets a good laugh. In a week, I have over two quarts. I decided last night that I had better put it to some use. Thank God for the internet and being able to find bread machine recipes. Yes, I know how to bake bread in the oven. Yes, it is fun to punch it down, too. I just hate the time it takes. Mix up the dough. Let it rise. Punch it down. Let it rise again. Bake it. It's just to much trouble babysitting my dough. This way, my bread machine does all the work, while I play on Face Book. So, it came out pretty good. It has a nice, crispy crust and a yummy, chewy texture. My family likes it. Next on my list is Sourdough chocolate chip cookies. Maybe tonight, after dinner... Right now it's time to pick up crickets to feed the frogs, lol. Ta, ta.

No comments:

Post a Comment