Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Begining Of The Barn

We live in an old house, built in the late '50's. There is an old brick "garage" in the back yard. I would say it's at least 500 sq ft. The garage doors were removed and boarded up before we bought the house about 13 years ago. It has a regular door and a bunch of windows, and would make the perfect barn. Crazy. I've been scratching my head for the last month, trying to figure out what to use for a coop and a goat pen, and this garage has been in front of my face the entire time.The problem is, it's full of junk that we don't use! I mean, almost floor to ceiling full. We've just been to lazy to clean it out. Hello! McFly! Now, I must say, my husband has NOT been into the whole "barnyard in the backyard" thing, at all.He thinks he can just pretend I'm not going to do this. Ha, ha. He should know by now that once I set my mind to something, it's going to happen. So, I told him I am going to clean out "the shed" this week, and he laughed at me. i told him that once it was clean, I was getting my chickens. He laughed harder. The jokes on him. I'll take that as a bet, bwaa, ha, ha. Plus, the kids are out of school this week. LOL. They're going to hate me by the end of the week. So. This is the beginning of my coop "design". Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment